Budapest, 9 August 2022 - After a few year-long break, the Sziget Festival will return on Óbuda Island between 10 and 15 August 2022. During the festival, suburban railway line H5 will be departing more frequently and will be running even at night, and vehicles with bigger passenger capacity will be provided on night lines 901, 918 and 934 and there will be even a transfer line operating between the airport and the Óbuda Island. BKK recommends that visitors arriving at the Sziget Festival use public transport, as in the surrounding area of the event, transport restrictions will be expected. Visitors in possession of a Budapest Card – Sziget Edition wristband will be able to use public transport services free-of-charge between 3 and 15 August.
Please note that during the Sziget Festival event, the Mozaik utca - Ángel Sanz Briz intersection, the Ángel Sanz Briz road and the Lower embankment on the Buda side between Mozaik utca and Margit híd will be closed.
Please note that during the Sziget Festival to be held between 10 and 15 August:
- more frequent daytime services and also night services will be provided on suburban railway H5 between the section of Batthyány tér and Aquincum,
- higher capacity will be provided on night bus lines 901, 918 and 934,
- busline 226 will not serve Óbuda Island between 30 July and 21 August and will run only to Aquincum.
From 8 to 14 August, transfer buses will be running between Liszt Ferenc International Airport and the Óbuda Island. From 13 to 16 August, transfer buses will be running between the Óbuda Island to the airport.
Please note that the fastest transport mode to reach the venue of Sziget Festival, Óbuda Island is suburban railway H5 from which you have to get off at the Filatorigát stop.
At BKK Point to be found at the venue of the Sziget Festival, employees of BKK Centre for Budapest Transport assist visitors to provide information and also to select the proper tickets and passes.
Suburban railway H5 can be accessed from different points in Budapest, as follows:
- from the city centre, from the direction of Déli pályaudvar or Keleti pályaudvar, by metro line M2 to the Batthyány tér stop;
- From Dél-Buda, by tramline 19 or 41 to the Batthyány tér stop;
- from Liszt Ferenc International Airport, by bus line 100E, on which specific fares apply, to Deák Ferenc tér and transfer at the Deák Ferenc tér M stop to metro line M2 and get off at Batthyány tér;
- from Nyugati pályaudvar, by tramlines 4 and 6 to the Margit híd, budai hídfő stop;
- from Göncz Árpád városközpont, by tram line 1 to Szentlélek tér;
- from the Népliget regional bus station, by tram line 1 to Szentlélek tér;
- from the Puskás Ferenc Stadion bus station, by metro line M2 to the Batthyány tér stop; or by tramline 1 to Szentlélek tér.
Besides suburban railway line H5, the Sziget Festival is accessible by bus lines 9 and 109 from the Óbuda, Bogdáni út terminus or by bus lines 34, 106, 134 and 226 from the Kaszásdűlő H stop.
Your attention, please!
Metroline M3 will be in service during the event, accordingly:
- until 12 August, passengers can take replacement bus M3 between the section of Kőbánya-Kispest and Göncz Árpád városközpont, while metro line M3 will be in service between Göncz Árpád városközpont and Újpest-központ;
- on 13 and 14 August, replacement bus M3 will be in service on the entire line between Kőbánya-Kispest and Újpest-központ;
- on 15 and 16 August, metroline M3 will be in service between the sections of Kőbánya-Kispest and Kálvin tér, while replacement bus will be running between Kálvin tér and Újpest-központ;
- from 17 August, metroline M3 will be in service between the sections of Kőbánya-Kispest and Kálvin tér and Göncz Árpád városközpont, while replacement bus M3 will be running between Kálvin tér and Göncz Árpád városközpont.
More information: BKK - Sziget.
BKK would like to kindly recommend that even during the Sziget Festival, passengers use the BudapestGO app to plan their trips, which, among others, calculates the most appropriate route for passengers to reach their destinations based on real-time information on public transport lines and passengers have the chance to even purchase their tickets and passes in the app.