The mobile ticket is a Budapest public transport ticket or pass purchasable through a mobile application. As a pilot project from June 2019, the mobile ticket was first offered for airport shuttle bus 100E, but from September 2019, you can also purchase 24-hour, 72-hour or 7-day travelcards as mobile tickets anytime, anywhere, even while waiting at the stop. All you need is a smart phone, the downloaded app (Android or iOS) and an active data connection. Please see the details below to find out about the simple purchase process and about how to use the mobile ticket.
1. Download the app to your smart phone required for buying the mobile ticket
If you have not yet installed an app on your smart phone for purchasing mobile tickets, please click on “Download” to access the selection of apps. Select and download the most suitable one. The app by the National Mobile Payment Plc. (Nemzeti Mobilfizetési Zrt./NM Zrt.) is available from the Google Play store and the App Store in Hungarian and English.
2. Please register before first use
For you to be able to use the service and buy a mobile ticket any time, you need to register and provide your invoicing data within the app before the first use.
3. For purchase, select the mobile ticket that is most suitable for you and provide the required data
To do this, please log into the app and touch “Purchase”. Select the ticket type; provide the required data, select the payment method and touch "Payment".
After successful payment, the purchased mobile ticket becomes available for use immediately.
4. As you get on the airport shuttle bus (line 100E) and also a bus that must be boarded through the front door, please scan the displayed QR-code with your smart phone. After the code has been successfully scanned, you are required to present an animated symbol indicated in the app to the driver or to the staff carrying out ticket inspection. Please note that a live data connection is required for validation.
As you get on the bus, log in to the app and select the ticket valid for the given line. When travelling in possession of a travelcard, please touch "Scan code for ride" and when validating the Airport shuttle bus single ticket, please touch "Validate onboard" and scan the code displayed onboard the vehicle.
After the code has been successfully scanned, you are required to present an animated symbol indicated in the app to the driver or to the staff carrying out ticket inspection.
5. Along metrolines, please scan the displayed code before entering the territory of the metro station. After the code has been scanned successfully, the animated symbol appearing in the app needs to be shown to the control staff. Please note that a live data connection is required for validation.
Before you enter a metro station, select your already valid ticket. Then touch "Scan code for ride" and scan the code displayed on the validator. After the code has been scanned successfully, the animated symbol appearing in the app needs to be shown to the control staff.
6. Please present your valid mobile ticket for control by a ticket inspector
If inspectors are controlling tickets during your journey, select your validated ticket in the app and show the matching code that is available by touching the icon to be found in the left bottom corner of the ticket. This means that the inspector will check the QR-code along with the ID linked to the ticket and not the animated picture.
BKK Centre for Budapest Transport aims to make ticket purchase simpler, more convenient and quicker through the introduction of the mobile ticket. Please try this new sales channel and send your feedback to [email protected] so we can learn from your experience. Thank you in advance.