Journey time to the city centre is 40 minutes. Direct airport-to-city bus connection
Information about 100E bus
Airport shuttle bus 100E is in operation between Liszt Ferenc International Airport and Deák Ferenc tér, one of Budapest’s major transport hubs, running via Kálvin tér, another important location in the city. Operating every day of the week
- with departures from Deák Ferenc tér in the city between 3:30 and 00:25 and from the airport between 4:10 and 1:05 past midnight
- the bus line with an average service frequency of 15-30 minutes on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays, and 20-30 minutes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays provides a convenient, cost-efficient and fast connection between the airport and the city centre.
Once arrived in the city centre at Kálvin tér or Deák Ferenc tér, the popular pedestrian streets, the Danube Promenade, Liberty Bridge, Elisabeth Bridge and the Chain Bridge are within easy reach. Ornate palaces built in the last century, luxury hotels, galleries, restaurants, cafés, bars with terraces, casinos as well as the panoramic view of the Buda Castle and Gellért Hill await tourists. Váci shopping street, Vörösmarty tér, the Vigadó Concert Hall and the statue of the Little Princess offer permanent photo topics. Pleasure boats departing from the pier along the riverbank offer great opportunities to admire the UNESCO World Heritage listed sights of the Hungarian capital.
Deák Ferenc tér is not only a key transport hub where three metro lines meet, but it is also a popular public space with clubs, “ruin bars” and cultural institutions. The Akvárium Klub at Erzsébet tér, the Gozsdu Courtyard and Madách tér are venues of high-quality events.
Make your journey easy! Buy your special-price ticket (900 HUF) for direct shuttle bus 100E running between the airport and the city with the mobile app downloaded onto your smart phone. Details: bkk.hu/budapestgo
Route of bus line 100E
Click here for the schedule of busline 100E:
Fares applicable on bus line 100E
- Please note that bus line 100E is to be used only with the 900 HUF Airport Shuttle Bus Single Ticket (price: HUF 900), which is also available in the Budapest GO app. Download it now!
- Customers entitled to free local public transport based on age or health condition can travel without a ticket on this bus service as well.
- The Airport shuttle bus single ticket is available for purchase at all BKK customer service centres, ticket offices and ticket vending machines.
Download the BudapestGO Journey planner
- The front-door boarding only policy applies on this service: please validate your ticket with the validating machine right after boarding and show it to the driver. If you have a mobile ticket, you need to validate it by scanning the displayed code as you board.
- Low-floor, air-conditioned articulated buses are in operation on the route, with ample room for luggage and suitcases.
- Bus line 200E operates 24 hours a day according to the usual schedule; passengers require a valid ticket or pass (please note that the Airport Shuttle Bus Single Ticket is not accepted on bus line 200E!)
For further information call BKK’s call centre available around the clock: +36 1 3 255 255. The line is open 24/7.