Travel Terms and Conditions, BKK’s Business Policy
What is the Business Policy and why is it important?
The Business Policy summarises the rights and obligations that apply to both BKK and BKK’ customers – in other words – passengers. This document answers a number of questions that may arise during your travel, such as information about tickets and travel documents as well as the process of ticket inspection. You can also find out about regulations in more detail that apply to the transportation of live animals, bicycles or luggage in the Business Policy. In addition, it contains rules for assistive devices for persons with reduced mobility.
What travel terms and conditions are specified in the Business Policy?
The most common topic is the conditions under which one can board a bus or tram. The Business Policy specifies these in depth as well. Passengers may be excluded from public transport, if the passenger
- is under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- is incapacitated or is unable to travel without an accompanying person (e.g. children under 6 cannot travel without an accompanying person)
- is scandalous in conduct and disturbs other passengers by his/her behaviour, activity etc.;
- jeopardises transport safety, his/her own and fellow passengers’ wellbeing and health, as well as the integrity and cleanness of the vehicle or its equipment through his/her behaviour;
- would contaminate the vehicle or other passengers’ clothing with his/her clothing, luggage etc.;
- consumes food or drink that is unpackaged or non-resealable and may endanger other passengers’ clothing, physical integrity (e.g. with hot coffee) or the cleanliness of the vehicle;
- carries an object or animal in the vehicle as hand luggage that otherwise should not be carried in that way;
- is traveling without a valid ticket or pass or does not present it to the ticket inspector when instructed to do so;
- has a ticket or pass, but is unable to present the document that proves eligibility for the discount;
- has a paper ticket or pass, but it is so faded or damaged, that it has become illegible;
- uses a mobile ticket but is unable to present it due to some technical error.
In addition to travel conditions, there are rules of conduct as well. These are also mandatory during travel. Based on these, it is forbidden to:
- get on or off after the departure signal has flashed and/or sounded or to prevent the doors from closing;
- lean out of the windows of vehicles or to give out or receive objects through the windows;
- use a radio or any other device at a volume that may disturb others;
- cycle or skateboard in passenger areas – only walking or the use of a wheelchair or baby carriage/stroller is permitted;
- sell goods or beg without permission
- transport flammable or explosive substances;
- dogs may only be transported in a muzzle or in a secure box or bag;
- smoke on board vehicles and in passenger areas
- damage the vehicles or station equipment.
BKK's services can only be used if the passenger complies with the above conditions. Anyone who violates the regulations can be denied travel by ticket inspectors, meaning that they can make the passenger leave the vehicle or prevent one from entering the area of the metro station. In addition, they may issue a penalty fare even if the passenger has a valid ticket or pass.
The obligation to prepare a Business Policy is imposed by Government Decrees 213/2012 (VII. 30) and 195/2016 (VII. 13). The Business Policy has been approved by the transport authority and the railway administration.
For further information, please contact our Customer Service Centers.
Downloadable documents (1)
Jogorvoslati tájékoztató_EN_finpdf • 223.88 kb • 06/10/2021. 17:24