A front-door boarding policy is in place on many bus and trolleybus lines to screen out fare evaders. On these lines, the driver checks the validity of boarding passengers’ ticket, pass or travel ID.
Front-door boarding is there for you. The introduction of this policy will make it easier to detect fare dodgers and those who violate the conditions of travel. This will make your journey safer and more comfortable.
- We'll make you aware of the lines with front-door boarding in a number of places: on timetables displayed at the stops, and on vehicle displays, you'll see the sign "Front-door boarding only".
- If you do not have a valid ticket or pass when you board, you can buy a ticket for 600 HUF from the driver on buses and trolleybuses marked as such with a sticker on the driver's cabin.
- Still, we recommend that you buy your ticket, travelcard or pass in advance. The easiest way to do this is to use the BudapestGO app.
- Please help your driver by preparing your ticket or pass at the stop so that the vehicle can leave as soon as possible and you and your fellow passengers can reach your destination on time.
- Tickets that have already been pre-purchased or just bought from the driver must be validated using the ticket validating machine by the driver's cabin.
- If you are travelling with a baby carriage, wheelchair or, where possible, a bicycle, you can still use the door that suits you on lines with front-door boarding, but you will still need to prove your entitlement to travel before or after boarding.
- If the driver of a front-door service is not in the cabin at the terminus, he or she will check the tickets, passes and travel documents of passengers who have boarded the service before departure.
- In certain cases (e.g. during events), BKK may suspend the front-door boarding policy. In such cases, security staff may also check your ticket, pass or travel document and you can also buy a single ticket from them.
It is in everyone's interest to enforce the conditions of travel. Anyone who violates them is not only to the detriment of BKK Centre for Budapest Transport, but also to the detriment of its customers, which means you.
On which BKK lines and when must I board through the front door?
Weekdays from 20:00 and all day on Saturdays and public holidays:
All day on Saturdays and public holidays:
In Buda, between Pasaréti tér and Döbrentei tér, and in Pest, between Rákospalota, Kossuth utca and Korong utca, on Saturdays and public holidays only:
Only in Buda, only on Saturdays and public holidays:
Only in Buda, from 20:00 on weekdays and all day on Saturdays and public holidays:
Weekday off-peak periods only, and all day on Saturdays and public holidays:
On weekdays between Zugló vasútállomás (Hermina út) and Báthory utca / Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út, and all day on Saturdays and public holidays on the full route:
From 20:00 on weekdays and all day on Saturdays and public holidays:
On Saturdays and public holidays only:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights only:
Only between Széll Kálmán tér and Hűvösvölgy, on the shorter, single buses:
When arriving at the bus stop, please check the displayed timetables and other information. Thank you.