- Only schools headquartered in Hungary are entitled to order this type of travelcard
- The price of the travelcard is specified in the actual tariff policy. The current price is HUF 650/person.
- It can be purchased for a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 40 primary school pupils or secondary school students with valid student ID cards and for up to two accompanying persons.
- In order to purchase the Pupil group travelcard, the Customer needs to fill, sign and officially stamp 2 original copies of the Order form.
- The Pupil group travelcard can be purchased by cash or bank card at any ticket office or Customer Service Centre, with a validity period starting from the time of purchase, but advance purchase is also possible. Please have the two completed, original copies of the Order form ready. An invoice about the purchase is to be issued in the name of the school who orders this travelcard or in the name of the financial entity. Private persons are not entitled to order this travelcard.
- It is valid from the starting date (month, day, hour, minute) indicated on the Order form for a validity period of 24 hours for an unlimited number of trips on bus lines, tram lines, metro lines M1, M2, M3 and M4, on trolley bus lines, on the cogwheel railway, on the ferry (D14) and only on workdays on the public boat lines (D11 and D12) – on the full length of the lines- and within the administrative boundary of Budapest on the suburban railway lines for the group travelling together in one vehicle.
- The travelcard can be purchased for more days. In that case, two original copies of the Order form are required for each day.
- Advance purchase is possible. The travelcard is not refundable after the beginning of validity.
Validity of the travelcard
It is valid from the indicated starting date (month, day, hour, minute) for a validity period of 24 hours for an unlimited number of trips on the full length of lines 1–99, 101-299, 900–999, M1, M2, M3, M4, D14 (on lines D11, D12 on workdays only) as well as on lines H5, H6, H7, H8, H9 within the administrative boundaries of Budapest. Only schools headquartered in Hungary are entitled to purchase the Pupil group travelcard by filling in the Order form in two original copies. In case it cannot be unambiguously determined from the name of the school whether it is an educational institution, a certification by the maintaining body or financial entity is required, as well.
A minimum of 10, a maximum of 40 primary school pupils or secondary school students (even including guest students from abroad) and for up to two accompanying persons are entitled to the Pupil group travelcard as a group travelling together in one vehicle ( in case of a train, in the same car of the train). Pupils and students need to be in possession of a valid student ID card, while foreign pupils/students require a valid photo ID, in case no student ID is available. The IDs need to be presented if requested by the inspector.
The Pupil group travelcard can be used along with a valid student ID card issued in any country or with a photo ID (personal ID card, passport, card-format driving licence) suitable for personal identification in case foreign pupils are not in possession of valid student ID cardd.
In case, for some reason, student ID cards of pupils using this travelcard are lost or have not been issued or will not be issued at all since they will not be used by pupils or in case of guest pupils visiting in the framework of exchange programs, sports races, etc. the school which purchases this travelcard, the principal of the school can certify student status, in which case the certification has to be presented along with the Pupil group travelcard if requested.
On the basis of the actual tariff policy, the current price of the travelcard is HUF 650/person
How to order
Please fill in and print this Order formof the Pupil group travelcard.
Advance purchase is possible. The Pupil group travelcard is valid from the indicated starting date (month, day, hour, minute) for a validity period of 24 hours.
Only schools based in Hungary are entitled to order this type of travelcard. Entitled passengers are primary school pupils and secondary school students of the Customer and their guest students (studying at the school in the framework of student exchange programmes, scholarships, study competitions, sports events). No restrictions apply based on citizenship. Anyone can qualify as an Accompanying person.
Universities and colleges and institutions of higher education are not entitled to this type of travelcard.
The school has the options to pay by cash or bank card on the basis of two original copies of the completed, signed and officially stamped Order form. Please find ticket offices and Customer Service Centres in the sales point location search by searching for this product.
- Advance purchase is possible or the travelcard can be purchased with cash on the spot with a validity period starting at the time of purchase,
- You can find ticket offices and Customer Service Centres where bank card payment is possible in the sales point location search by selecting this payment method.
In case the Pupil group travelcard is purchased, the invoice can be issued in the name of the educational institution or the financial entity of the educational institution whose name is represented on the Order form. In case the financial entity and the name of the educational institution (the Customer) are not identical, the Order form must be provided with two stamps and signed by the authorities entitled to this travelcard. In case the Customer and the financial entity are identical, it is sufficient to provide the Order form with one stamp but two signatures are still required. In case the Customer and the financial entity are different, in all cases two signatures are required on the Order form. Signatories are liable for their signing entitlement since it is not checked by the BKK cashier. In cases when the Customer is a foundation school or the financial entity is a foundation, the Order form may be provided with one stamp since foundations are not required to use stamps. In case of foundations, authorised representatives are required to sign the Order form.
Conditions of refund
The travelcard is refundable only before the start of validity after the handling fee specified by the Tariff policy has been paid (in 2016, the handling fee is HUF 250). For refund, the undamaged travelcard, the receipt or the invoice, in case of bank card payment also the purchase slip must be kept and presented to the cashier. The travelcard is refunded at any BKK ticket office or Customer Service Centre, regardless of the location of purchase. The refunded amount is paid in cash only irrespective of the earlier payment method (cash, bank card).
For more information on the Pupil group travelcard, please contact BKK Customer Services.