Metroline M3 will skip the Semmelweis Klininkák and Corvin-negyed metro stations from 13 July 2020, as reconstruction works will start also at these stations. Metroline M3 will continue to operate between Nagyvárad tér and Újpest and a replacement line marked with M30 running between Kálvin tér and Népliget will serve the surrounding areas of the two, newly-closed stations. BKK recommends that only the passengers take the replacement bus M30 who wish to travel to the surrounding area of the two newly-closed stations. The replacement order will remain unchanged; during workdays the replacement buses will operate between the Kőbánya-Kispest and Nagyvárad tér metro stations, while at weekends the replacement buses will run between the Kőbánya-Kispest and Lehel tér metro stations.
Simultaneously with the reconstruction works carried out on the Southern section of metroline M3, the reconstructions works have started also in the middle section: since the springtime, reconstruction works of the Arany János utca and Ferenciek tere metro stations have been in process, followed by the Corvin-negyed and Semmelweis Klinikák metro stations from 13 July. Metroline M3 will continue to be in service between Újpest and Nagyvárad tér on workdays, however the mentioned four stations will be skipped.
The surrounding area of the Corvin-negyed and Semmelweis Klinikák metro stations will be accessible by replacement bus M30 running between Kálvin tér and Népliget on workdays, whose routes and stops are available in the BKK FUTÁR app, as follows: futar.bkk.hu/route/BKK_MP536. The boarding point of the Kálvin tér station of replacement bus M30 is at Szabó Ervin tér; of Corvin-negyed and Semmelweis Klinikák stations is at the replacement stop of metroline M3; of Nagyvárad tér station is on Üllői út at the intersection of Orczy út and of Népliget is on Üllői út at the intersection of Könyves Kálmán tér.
Recommended travel options
- BKK recommends that only the passengers take the replacement bus M30 who wish to travel to the surrounding area of the two newly-closed stations.
- Passengers travelling from South Pest to the city centre can continue to transfer from replacement bus M3 to metroline M3 at Nagyvárad tér.
- For passengers travelling to or from Buda, instead of Corvin-negyed metro station, metroline M4 at Kálvin tér metro station is recommended where there is a transfer point to tramlines 47 and 49.
- BKK recommends that passengers travelling from South Pest to the surrounding area of the two newly-closed stations get off the replacement bus M3 at the Népliget stop and transfer to replacement bus M30 at the stop to be found on Üllői út.
- BKK recommends that passengers going from Corvin-negyed or Semmelweis Klinikák to Kőbánya-Kispest take replacement bus M30 to Nagyvárad tér and transfer to the replacement bus M3 departing from the stop situated on the other side of the hub.
The surrounding area of Corvin-negyed is accessible also:
- by bikes: there are bike lanes both along the Grand Boulevard and on Üllői út,
- By the MOL Bubi public bike sharing system: however the docking station to be found in the transport hub has been closed, due to the reconstruction works, there are several docking stations in its surrounding area.
- By the public bike system that can be well combined with the other transport modes. Please find more information at: hu
- on foot from the adjacent station: Corvin-negyed from Kálvin tér via Üllői út is 8-9-min far on foot.
The surrounding area of Klinikák is accessible also:
- by bikes: there is a bike lane on Üllői út,
- by the MOL Bubi public bike system: the docking stations are to be found at the metro station and also in the surrounding streets. Information on the use of the public bike system that can be excellently combined with the other transport modes is to be found at molbubi.hu.
- on foot from the adjacent station: Semmelweis Klinikák from Nagyvárad tér via Üllői út is 10-12-min far on foot.
Information for motorists and cyclists
The construction works of the infrastructure required for the service of replacement bus M30 have started on certain sections of Üllői út and also on Szentkirályi utca, thus bottlenecks, temporary lane closures and traffic restrictions may be applicable in that area.
Changes to be made from 13 July, Monday:
- On Üllői út, two lanes will continue to be open to traffic, however replacement bus M30 will run in the outer shared lane dedicated for buses and cyclists, thus BKK would like to ask cyclist to pay particular attention to their rides on Üllői út.
- On Szentkirályi utca, parking won’t be possible, as a two-way traffic order will be applicable: traffic can continue to go towards Baross utca, however in the opposite direction only replacement bus M30 is allowed to run.
- In order to ensure the turning radius of buses to Üllői út, in the hub of Üllői út- Szentkirályi utca, a new traffic light order will be in place.
- In order to ensure the terminus of the replacement bus on Üllői út, parking services will be ceased on certain section ahead of the hub of Szabó Ervin tér.