Just like in the past few years, BKK will provide more frequent and convenient services on several major transport lines during the upcoming Advent and year-end period. Metro line M3 will be running every day, including weekends from 2 December 2019 to 3 January 2020 on the section between Újpest-központ terminus and Nagyvárad tér station. On New Year’s Eve, metro lines M2, M3 and M4 along with several bus lines will be in service all day and all night. As a first this year, lines M2 and M4 as well as several daytime buses will be running throughout the night on the days before the New Year.
The most relevant public transport updates for December:
- Metro M3 will be operating between Újpest központ and Nagyvárad tér stations every day including weekends from Monday, 2 December until Friday, 3 January 2020. Replacement buses continue to be in service on the section between Nagyvárad tér and Kőbánya-Kispest.
- Trams 2, 4, 6 and 17 as well as trolleybus 80 will run more frequently at the weekends in Advent (in December).
- On Christmas Eve (24 December), the last metros will depart from the city centre between 15:00 and 15:30 and the last daytime bus departures from the metro stations will be adjusted accordingly. Thereafter, night transport services will start operating. Bus 200E will continue to run 0-24 between Nagyvárad tér stop and Liszt Ferenc Airport 2; also, bus 100E will operate all day.
- During the busy season at end of the year, BKK provides extended services on the nights preceding New Year’s Eve. Metro lines M2 and M4 will have longer operating hours at nights starting from the night of 27 December until the night of 30 December and early hours of 31 December. Key daytime bus lines serving the city centre – that is buses 5, 7, 8E and 9 – will be operating round the clock between 27 and 30 December.
- On New Year’s Eve, public transport will be a worthwhile option, too. Following last year’s success, metro lines M2, M3 (between Nagyvárad tér and Újpest központ stations) and M4 will be in operation all night, while M1 will be running until 1:00 in the morning. Buses 5, 7, 8E and 9 serving the city centre will also be operating round the clock, while the majority of night buses will provide a more frequent service or more passenger capacity.
- This December again, BKK in conjunction with BKV Zrt. will continue the tradition of launching festive vehicles: the Christmas Tram, Santa’s Trolleybus and an Advent Boat will delight passengers during the holiday season.