Owing to the track refurbishment works, the operation of tramlines 4-6 are replaced by buses on several sections during the summer school holiday. From 15 June (Saturday), trams are running on a shortened route between Széll Kálmán tér and Corvin-negyed, while replacement buses are in operation between Corvin-negyed and Dél-Budai végállomások (terminuses in South Buda). The smooth operation of the air-conditioned, low-floor replacement buses will be enabled by bus lanes and further traffic control measures. Owing to the refurbishment works, motorists must take it into consideration that there might be traffic restrictions and slower traffic in József körút, between the sections of Csepreghy utca and Üllői út, on the full length of Ferenc körút as well as at the Pest side and Buda side bridgeheads of Petőfi híd (Petőfi bridge). Besides the refurbishment to be carried out on the Southern part of Nagykörút, from 7 July (Sunday), replacement of the tram service will be in place also between Széll Kálmán tér and Margit híd, budai hídfő. BKK will provide detailed information on the latter refurbishment works later on. Tram replacement will result in inconveniences in the traffic in the vicinity area, however transport service providers will do their best to mitigate the severe circumstances; among others, tramline 2 and metroline M4 will be running more frequently during the whole summer than usual , in order the city centre could be reached more conveniently.
From 7:00 AM on 15 June 2019 (Saturday), trams will be running marked with 4-6 between Széll Kálmán tér M and Corvin-negyed. Between Corvin-negyed and Újbuda-központ tram replacement bus marked with 4 will be running, while to Móricz Zsigmond körtér, replacement buses marked with 6 will be in operation.
- Replacement bus marked with 4 will be running between Pál utca (Corvin-negyed) and Újbuda-központ M along tramline 4. Passengers are able to check its routes and the list of its stops on a map in the BKK FUTÁR app: bkk.hu/route/BKK_VP04?layers=GSVB.
- Replacement bus marked with 6 will be running between Pál utca (Corvin-negyed) and Móricz Zsigmond körtér M, along tramline 6. Passengers are able to check its routes and the list of its stops on a map in the BKK FUTÁR app: bkk.hu/route/BKK_VP061?layers=GSVB.
- It is recommended that passengers wishing to change to metro from replacement bus transfer at Corvin-negyed M.
- It is recommended that passengers wishing to change to tramline 4-6 from the replacement bus transfer at Pál utca (Corvin-negyed M).
- Passengers wishing to reach the city centre, alternative routes are the following:
- Passengers arriving from Csepel, Soroksár, Pesterzsébet to Boráros tér, tramline 2 running more frequently than usual during the whole summer,
- Passengers arriving from the Buda region to Újbuda-központ, Móricz Zsigmond körtér, metroline M4 running more frequently than usual during the whole summer.
Budapest, 13. June 2019.
BKK Centre for Budapest Transport