Between 25-27 July 2014 Hungaroring is hosting the Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix. The car race will take place in Mogyoród, a town around 20 km from Budapest city centre. The venue is best reached from Budapest by suburban railway line H8 to Gödöllő. During the period of the sports event on weekday afternoons and during the daytime at the weekend suburban railway line H8 will be operating double-length trainsets, while on Sunday afternoon more frequent services will be offered if required.
H8 suburban trains are operating every half hour on Friday morning, evening and all weekend, but every 10-20 minutes on Friday afternoon.
From the “Szilasliget” station gates 3, 4 and 5 while from the “Mogyoród” station gates 1, 2, 7 and 8 can be reached on foot in about 30-40 minutes (a 2.5 km-long walk).
Suburban railway line H8 departs from Örs vezér tere M. Örs vezér tere M is best reached:
- from Buda and the city centre by metro line M2
- from Pest by several bus lines
- from Liszt Ferenc International Airport by bus 200E to Kőbánya-Kispest terminus and from there by bus 85 to Örs vezér tere M
Free bus transportation is also offered to ticket holders by the organisers of the Hungarian Grand Prix. VOLÁNBUSZ buses depart from the bus station at Árpád híd M (at the Pest side of Árpád híd, near the metro station – Árboc u. 1, Budapest) to Mogyoród centre (Templom tér). From Templom tér, the race track is about a 20-30 minute walk away. The service is free of charge for all passengers presenting a valid ticket for the Grand Prix or a ticket pick-up voucher.
- Árpád híd M: from 07.30 till 11.00 every 15-20 minutes, from 11:00 till 16:00 every 30 minutes
- Mogyoród, Templom tér: from 16.00 till 19.00 every 15-20 minutes
- Árpád híd M: from 07.30 till 11.00 every 6-8 minutes, from 11:00 till 16:00 every 30 minutes
- Mogyoród, Templom tér: from 16.00 till 19.00 every 6-7 minutes
- Árpád híd M: from 07.30 till 12.00 every 5-7 minutes, , from 12:00 till 16:00 every 30 minutes
- Mogyoród, Templom tér: from 16.00 till 19.00 every 5-7 minutes
Enjoy discounted BKK fares
Holders of the “special Formula 1 railway entry ticket” for the last day of the popular sports event get to ride on the metro network free of charge.
Between 24 and 27 July 2014, valid 24-hour, 72-hour travelcards and Budapest Cards will be accepted on suburban railway line H8 between Mogyoród and Ilonatelep, with no need for buying extension tickets. (Please note that for other types of tickets and passes extension tickets are still required for the suburban railways.)
Please use your car only if you cannot avoid it and take BKK’s public transport services instead.
Enjoy your ride on BKK’s services and have a great time during Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix!