More frequent night services
Budapest is a metropolis. Accordingly, the city never sleeps; there is heavy traffic in the streets especially in the inner districts, even at night. This is the case especially on Friday and Saturday nights when most young people go out to have fun. Tram line 6 running around the clock and 41 night buses cover the whole city: the city centre, the suburbs and also several towns in the metropolitan area are accessible by night services. Most of the night bus lines cross the entire city connecting outer districts with the city centre.
Night transport timetables and network map
Tickets and passes
Regular fares apply on night services. All ticket and pass types are accepted for travel with the exception of the short section metro ticket, the suburban railway ticket and pass as well as the public transport boat ticket.
Where to buy tickets at night?
- Most BKK customer service centres and ticket offices are open until 22:00. After that, please buy your ticket from BKK ticket vending machines (TVMs) operating around the clock or from security guards on board vehicles. Single tickets bought on board cost HUF 450.
- Please find the locations of ticket offices and BKK-TVMs at www.bkk.hu/pontkereso
Tip: you can filter your search to show only TVMs accessible at night.
Tip: tickets and passes can be purchased in advance
- Most passengers using night services are students. Please find more information on students passes and discounts here.
Ticket control and boarding policy
- Please board only in possession of a valid ticket or pass and validate your ticket immediately after boarding. If a security guard is on board or if the front-door only boarding policy is in place, please show your pass when boarding.
- Tickets are available from the on-board security guards at the price of HUF 450.
- Front-door only boarding applies on all single buses.
- Ticket control is carried out all the time by each door on articulated buses and on tram line 6.
Maps of major transport hubs
Night transport schedules have been created in such a way that bus lines with a less frequent service would be able to wait for each other at major hubs to allow easy transfers.
Major hubs of the night transport network (please click to see bus stops on the maps):
Please keep in mind
On board vehicles, at stops and in the public areas of the metro network, suburban and cogwheel railways it is prohibited:
- to smoke
- to consume food and beverages
- to litter
- to post signs and notices without authorisation
- to disturb transport and fellow passengers
- to damage objects and equipment in any way
Tips for transport safety
- On board vehicles, sit close to the driver or in case you ride on a train, choose the first car.
- If you feel in danger, ask for assistance from the driver or the security guards on duty on most night service lines.
- Security guards are on duty primarily on single buses with the front-door boarding only policy.
- Beware of pickpockets! You are advised to carry your bag with the strap crosswise over your shoulder or held tightly in front of you or close to your body.
By using BKK Info you can get access to continuously updated information on public transport service changes not only online but also on devices with Android and iOs operating systems. With the help of the app, notifications about route diversions due to service interruptions will be automatically displayed on your device via push messages. Furthermore, you will be informed about public transport and your favourite services before you leave or on the go. Please download BKK Info free from the official Android and Apple app stores as well as from bkk.hu/androidand bkk.hu/ios.
|Subscribe to our automatic service to receive service change updates!||Subscribe|